Latest "Powerline" Survey
This Sunday’s WJPA Vinyl Countdown returns to March 31, 1969. That’s when:
- This Sunday’s WJPA Vinyl Countdown rewinds the music to April 1, 1963. That’s when:
- A popular folk trio got its big break thanks to a joke – or a lack of one – by comedian Phyllis Diller.
- Righteous Brother Phil Medley wrote a song about dance instructor Joe Piro – and it became a big hit for a new group called the Rocky Fellers.
- Area disc jockeys flipped over the flip side of the Marvelettes’ new single, “Locking Up My Heart” and “Forever” became a top 20 hit.
- “Arabia” by the Delcos was about to be a number one song in Western Pennsylvania – the only place In the world where it hit the top of the charts.
And the number one song that week was by a female group called the Chiffons. You’ll hear that hit and all of the big hits of April 1, 1963 this Sunday at noon on WJPA.
The Vinyl Countdown is presented by Canonsburg’s Guitar Gallery and Slovenian Savings and Loan.