Latest "Powerline" Survey
This Sunday’s WJPA Vinyl Countdown jumps back 51 years, to July 16, 1968, when the top hits were by the Rolling Stones, Herb Alpert and Gary Puckett and the Union Gap.
It was also the week:
- The duo that wrote many of the hits for the Monkees debuted in the top 40 with their own hit record
- Bobby Vinton reworked a 1961 song by Tony Orlando for his latest release – one of five remakes in the top 40
- The fastest moving song on the survey was by Cream – the second time its signature song had been released as a single
- An R&B group that had been around since 1953 had just its second record to reach the top 40
- And the number one song of the week was a remake of a Glen Campbell song by a group from Turtle Creek
You’ll hear that hit and all of the big hits of July 16, 1968 this Sunday at noon on WJPA.
The Vinyl Countdown is presented by Guitar Gallery, Monongahela Valley Hospital and Slovenian Savings and Loan.