Search Continues For Missing Monongahela Man

The Donora Fire Company says rescuers were unsuccessful again on Sunday in their search to find Shelby Rhodes. The dive team says the search was called off around 7 p.m. Sunday due to extreme cold water temperatures. Crews from numerous departments were on hand along the Monongahela River searching for the man reported missing earlier this week. So far, crews say they have spent some 35 hours searching for Rhodes. According to his sister Jessica, Shelby was last seen walking in the Black Diamond area around 5 a.m. Feb. 7. Shelby’s friends indicated on Wednesday that they hadn’t heard from him in several days, Jessica said. An initial search near the Monongahela River revealed a single set of footprints and Shelby’s cellphone, after which emergency crews got involved. Shelby was last seen wearing a blue a yellow flat-brim cap, a black hoodie, jeans and sneaker The Mononaghela Police department is handling the investigation.

