Dozens Killed While Seeking Food In Gaza

July 31, 2025 5:14 am

DEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip (AP) — At least 48 Palestinians have been killed while waiting for food at a crossing in the Gaza Strip. That’s according to a hospital that received the casualties Wednesday. It was the latest violence around aid distribution came as the U.S. Mideast envoy was heading to Israel for talks. Shifa Hospital in Gaza City said the dead and wounded were among crowds massed at the Zikim Crossing, the main entry point for humanitarian aid to northern Gaza. It wasn’t immediately clear who opened fire. The Israeli military controls the crossing. Israeli strikes and gunfire had earlier killed at least 46 Palestinians overnight and into Wednesday, most of them among crowds seeking food, health officials said.