DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — President Donald Trump says on social media that Iran had requested a meeting with U.S. counterparts, though Iranian officials said no such meeting was scheduled. The U.S. president has tried to preserve an increasingly fragile interim deal as hostilities have mounted in recent days in the Strait of Hormuz, a vital waterway for energy supplies. Monday marked the first time both sides appeared to pause after four days of trading attacks. Iran’s president says $6 billion in frozen Iranian assets would be released by Qatar, remarks apparently aimed at selling the Iranian public on the interim deal. So far, U.S. officials say no frozen Iranian assets have been released.
US & Iran Pause Strikes But Disagree Over Talks
June 29, 2026 5:01 am