Rubio’s Speech To European Allies Takes A Softer Tone

February 14, 2026 11:17 am

MUNICH (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio has offered a reassuring message to America’s allies. He struck a less aggressive but still firm tone on Saturday about the Trump administration’s intent to reshape the trans-Atlantic alliance and push its priorities after more than a year of President Donald Trump’s often hostile rhetoric toward traditional allies. Rubio addressed the Munich Security Conference a year after Vice President JD Vance stunned the same audience with a harsh critique of European values. A series of statements and moves from the Trump administration targeting allies followed.

Head On Collision In Washington

February 14, 2026 11:15 am

Emergency responders were dispatched to a two car head on collision on Saturday at about 10:30 am. The accident occured at Third Street and Duncan Avenue in Washington. According to 9-1-1, emergency personnel arrived to find one person partially trapped in one of the cars. That person was freed from the vehicle. There were no injuries.

Police Called To Teen Outreach Center For Burglary

February 14, 2026 7:23 am

Washington City Police were called to 410 North Main Street just before 7:00 am Saturday, for a burglar alarm activation. That address is associated with the Academy for Adolescent Health, a teen outreach center. According to 9-1-1 dispatchers, when police arrived they found a broken window and a suspicious individual inside. That individual fled. Police pursued the individual and now have them in custody. No further details are available.

Feds Open Perjury Probe In Shooting Of Venezuelan Man

February 14, 2026 3:56 am

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Federal authorities have opened a criminal probe into whether two immigration officers lied under oath about a shooting in Minneapolis last month, as all charges were dropped against two Venezuelan men. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director Todd Lyons said Friday that his agency had opened a joint probe with the Justice Department after video evidence revealed “sworn testimony provided by two separate officers appears to have made untruthful statements” about the shooting of one of the Venezuelan men. The officers, whose names were not disclosed, are on administrative leave pending the completion of an internal investigation. Lyons added that the U.S. attorney’s office is actively investigating.

Rubio; US Desires To Maintain Trans-Atlantic Relations

February 14, 2026 4:00 am

MUNICH (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio has offered a friendly and reassuring assessment of America’s relations with Europe under President Donald Trump’s administration. He said Saturday that the blunt tone of previous criticisms was intended to spur a renaissance in trans-Atlantic ties. Rubio addressed the Munich Security Conference a year after Vice President JD Vance stunned the same audience with a harsh critique of European values. Taking a much less confrontational approach than Vance last year, Rubio acknowledged that the Trump administration has been pointedly direct in asserting its positions, but made clear that it won’t back off them.

US Military Strikes Another Alleged Drug Boat

February 14, 2026 4:04 am

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. military says it has carried out another deadly strike on a vessel accused of trafficking drugs in the Caribbean Sea. U.S. Southern Command said Friday on social media that the boat “was transiting along known narco-trafficking routes in the Caribbean and was engaged in narco-trafficking operations.” It said the strike killed three people. A video linked to the post shows a boat moving through the water before exploding in flames. Friday’s attack raises the death toll from the Trump administration’s strikes on alleged drug boats to 133 people in at least 38 attacks carried out since early September in the Caribbean Sea and eastern Pacific Ocean.

Don Lemon Pleads Not Guilty To Civil Rights Charges

February 14, 2026 3:58 am

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Former CNN host Don Lemon has pleaded not guilty to federal civil rights charges in Minnesota. The veteran journalist is among several people accused in a Jan. 18 protest at Cities Church in St. Paul, where an Immigration and Customs Enforcement official serves as a pastor. Four other people pleaded not guilty in the case Friday, including civil rights attorney and prominent local activist Nekima Levy Armstrong. Lemon says he was chronicling the protest as an independent journalist. Prosecutors have accused him of joining a “mob.” Lemon says he will fight to defend his First Amendment rights. Nine people have been indicted in the case.

County Fire And EMS Companies Awarded Grants

February 15, 2026 3:36 am

Washington County Fire and EMS companies that are located in the 50th congressional district have received more than $158,000 in state grants. Eleven organizations benefited from the grant program administered by the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency and the Office of the State Fire Commissioner. State gaming revenue provides the funding. The following organizations received funding. Bentleyville VFD, California VFD, Charleroi FD, Denbo Vesta Six VFD, East Bethlehem VFC, Lock 4 VFC, Marianna VFC, Richeyville VFC, Roscoe VFC, Stockdale VFD and West Brownsville VFC. The funds may be used for facility construction or renovation, equipment purchase or repair, training, recruitment and retention, education about fire safety or debt reduction.

PennDot Announces Pothole Repair

February 15, 2026 3:46 am

PennDot District 11 that covers Allegheny, Beaver and Lawrence counties says that pothole repair efforts are underway on state owned roadways. Crews will address higher traffic roadways first. Secondary roads will be addressed as soon as possible. PennDot considers this cold patch effort a temporary repair until asphalt becomes available in warmer weather. PennDot warns that motorists may encounter flaggers and road restrictions. They ask that drivers stay alert and drive cautiously.

Federal Agency Flags Safety Shortcomings At US Steel Plant

February 14, 2026 3:39 am

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — A federal safety agency investigating an August blast at the US Steel Clairton Coke Works that left two workers dead says it found safety shortcomings that “exposed” employees to the explosion. The $118,214 in fines from the Occupational and Health Safety Administration accompanied 10 citations. OSHA says that U.S. Steel’s written procedures, practices and training to safely maintain equipment and perform maintenance were incomplete, outdated or inadequate. U.S. Steel says it was reviewing the OSHA report. OSHA lets a company contest the findings. The United Steelworkers says it’s “grateful” to OSHA for investigating and is dedicated to implementing OSHA’s recommendations. Another federal agency, the Chemical Safety Board, has said it is investigating.